Rely on Our 35+ Years Expertise to Find the Right Filter Media for Your Dry & Wet Filtration Needs.
Over the last 35 years, we have worked with our customers in diverse industries to address their wet and dry filtration needs. Our deep filter media portfolio along with our expertise in precision stitching of filter panels and bags ensures that you get the best results. Whether you would like us to replicate your current filters, or assess your process to suggest the right fabric and deploy customized filter panels, you can trust Industrial Fabrics (Madras) to provide dependable and cost effective solutions to improve process efficiencies.
Industrial Fabrics (Madras) provides a comprehensive range of filter fabrics and technical textiles for wet filtration deployed as filter bags, cloth, panels, bags, and screens in a variety of special treatments media to suit many application and equipment types.
● The objective of Filter press is to use a high pressure environment to achieve solid/liquid filtration.
● Since high-quality filtration and cake recovery are the goals, the choice of filter media is important, we offer a full range of woven and non-woven filter press panels that are utilized extensively in the filtration of Edible oil, lubricants, clay, chemicals and drugs
● Usually applied in non-acidic or neutral environments
● For cotton filter press panels, our precision cutting and stitching includes strong reinforcements of the edges and circles cut out to enhance durability
● For synthetic filter media, we perform heat cutting and sealing, to ensure a high durability and precision cutting.
• Centrifuge bags are utilized very intensively by chemicals and drugs manufacturers.
. • As centrifuges are typically used in acidic environment, polypropylene is widely used for top lifting, top discharge and bottom discharge centrifuge bags.
• To provide customized filter bags, we begin with an assessment of the process to understand particle retention and flow rate requirements to suggest the right fabric to be used in terms of the weave and yarn (spun/ mono or multi-filament yarns).
● Made typically from specialized polypropylene filter cloth for its excellent resistance to chemicals- both alkaline and acidic media, Nutsche pressure filters require the fabric to operate in vacuum or pressure environments.
● We provide customized filter panels for Nutsche Filters/ Agitated Nutsche Filter Bags / ANFDs.
● Fluid bed dryer bags offer superior drying, excellent particle retention and are used extensively in the pharmaceutical industry. ● Since fluid bed dryers are usually used at the end of process cycles, close to the end product stage, optimizing the particle capture and flow rates are key. ● Since these bags are complex to stitch, precision cutting through stringent quality control is key.
● We provide disposable as well as reusable filter pads made from woven and non-woven fabrics including Cotton, Nylon, Polyester, and Polypropylene.
● These are used extensively in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries on sparkler filter presses.
● Heat sealed edges provide a longer life.
● Wide range of media choice ensures high chemical compatibility and high resistance to.
● Disc filter bags provide a strong performance when it comes to cake discharge and typically used when the concentration of the solids in the slurry is very low.
● Our fabrics for Disc filters ensure a high throughput as we utilize appropriate fabrics that balance particle retention and flow rate.
● Typically, Disc filter bags utilize polypropylene filter media.
● Long service life (choice of materials, fabric construction and customized fabrication).
● Vacuum Belt Filters are used in slurries which are rich in solids, quite often about 50-60%; the technology involves fixed vacuum trays with a continuously moving belt on top of the same. The belt may move continuously or in steps in sync with the slurry feed. Cake washing is accomplished by nozzle spray’s or drying by vacuum.
● We recommend fabrics with high bursting strength, great particle retention (specific fabrics are suggested based on the micron size), and high chemical compatibility.
● Quite often, we provide a double layered or speciality coated fabrics.
● These filters involve half of the drum being submerged in the slurry and other half being above it. As the drum rotates the cake is dried by applying vacuum pressure on the exposed area and the cake is formed by sucking the slurry into the cloth. The dried cake is discharge as the drum rotates ● High particle retention, bursting and tearing strength of the fabric besides chemical and thermal compatibility are of importance. ● Besides abrasion resistance is required as the process of removal of the dried cake involves scraping ● Quite often, we recommend a double layers fabric to ensure longevity of the filter cloth and better separation. ● Our wide range of woven and non-woven media allows you to.
● Coolant filter fabrics are used in the machine tool processes.
● We supply continuous band filter papers of varying particle retention size to retain the particles from the contaminated filter media. The clean coolant filters out through the fabric leaving a “cake” of the metallic particles.
● Get a wide range of options of filter papers – adhesive bonded, synthetic filter papers and more.